This notice aims to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations which are in force from 25 May 2018.
The regulations set out 6 Principles for data processing:
- Data processing must be lawful, transparent and consented to, or otherwise necessary.
- Data is collected for specific purposes which are explicit and legitimate.
- Data must be adequate, relevant and limited to the required purposes.
- Data must be accurate and up to date.
- Data must not be kept longer than necessary.
- Security of data must be maintained through appropriate technical and organisational measures.
You have the following rights under the data protection laws:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information erased (the right to “be forgotten”).
- The right to request access to your personal information and obtain information about how we process it.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”).
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Mark Danforth – firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request. Or write to M & A Danforth Furniture Hire, 3 Eversley View, Scarcroft, Leeds LS14 3HP. We will respond within 30 days.
A What kind of personal information about you do we process?
The personal information we process depends upon your connection with our company and the services we provide. This may include the following:
- Personal and contact details such as title, full name, contact details, address, business details including business card information, social media accounts.
- Records of your contact with us such as where we met, emails, notes of phone calls and meetings.
- Services supplied or bought to/from you
- Marketing activity relating to automated campaigns – whether you have opened or clicked on emails.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
B Where does your personal information come from?
The typical sources are:
- Face-to-face and telephone conversations including networking meetings.
- Information taken from public sources such as websites, Linked In, etc.
- Email communication.
- Completion of paper or on-line questionnaires or sign up forms.
C What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data for:
- Assessing the suitability of, quoting and providing the services of furniture hire.
- Keeping records of the services provided.
- Invoicing for services and maintaining records of financial transactions for scrutiny by HMRC and other authorities.
- Identifying services you may be able to provide the company and initiating contact.
- Making referrals in the interests of your business.
- Sending you information about our business and topic areas you may be interested in – by email, post and social media.
D What are the legitimate reasons for processing your personal information?
We identify the following reasons as being central to processing your data:
- Providing you with information about services that you show interest in.
- Delivering services that have been commissioned by you.
- Administering and enabling your use of our website.
- Sending invoices and statements to you and collecting payments.
- Identifying suppliers we may wish to use or refer.
- Paying suppliers.
- With your consent, keeping you informed about our business and providing free resources.
E How and where is your information stored?
Depending on the source, your personal information may be held:
- Within emails on MS Outlook, ICloud and on portable devices – note that our hosting provider is in the UK so data in emails will be stored on servers in the UK.
- In documents, on a laptop and back up hard drive.
- In paper files stored in a cabinet at M & A Danforth Furniture Hire’s premises.
- On mobile devices.
F What steps do we take to protect your information?
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- M & A Danforth Furniture Hire’s computers are password protected and encrypted.
- Accounting systems are password protected.
- Paper records are within client files in a lockable filing cabinet.
- Mobile devices are passcode protected.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
G When do we share your personal information with other people or organisations?
We do not sell or pass personal data to third parties.
Your data may be shared with, or accessed by people employed or contracted to work with M & A Danforth Furniture Hire – for example, Accountants, PA services, CRM system providers, IT technicians. In every instance, care is taken to only share information which is legitimately needed for the purpose of the task and to protect sensitive and confidential information.
H How long is data held for?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold relevant data for as long as we have reasonable business needs – i.e. for managing our relationship with you and managing our operations.
Note that if you have been a client, if you unsubscribe from our marketing mailings we will retain information about our work with you as follows:
- Information relating to financial transactions, which includes some personal data is held for up to 10 years within our accounts system.
If you have shared a business card or contact information for your own business development purposes, it remains within those systems indefinitely, unless either we decide to purge old data or you notify us of changes or request deletion.
If you have signed up for email mailings you remain on the list until you unsubscribe, which you can do at any time, or we decide to purge our systems.
I Monitoring and automated decision making
We do not record or otherwise monitor any conversations.
We do not use your data for any automated decision making about our products or services.
J Withdrawing consent, informing of changes, exercising right to be forgotten and access requests
If you no longer wish us to hold your data you can let us know at any time by emailing email@example.com.
You can also use this address to inform us of updates to your personal information, request us to delete certain information or request a copy of what we hold about you.
We may update this privacy notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.